Careers with Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Are you looking for a rewarding career that aids the rehabilitation of Rochester, NY's poverty stricken areas? Consider joining Flower City Habitat for Humanity's team of caring professionals.
TITLE: Flower City Habitat ReStore Assocaite
Reports to: ReStore Managerr
Status: Full time hourly
As a full time ReStore Associate you will perform a wide variety of duties as we further our mission of building homes, community and hope through the sales of donated home furnishings, building supplies and other items. We are currently looking for associates for both receiving and sales.
Working in a rapidly changing retail environment providing exceptional customer service.
Duties will include using the POS system, loading and unloading donation trucks, providing service to our shoppers and donors, incoming donation calls and scheduling and sales floor merchandising & pricing.
Supervising and empowering a variety of diverse volunteers.
Support and advocacy for Flower City Habitat’s mission: Seeking to put God's love into action Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities, and hope.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must have prior retail or customer service experience
- Point of Sale and computer literate
- Exceptional phone and interpersonal skills
- Bilingual is a plus
- Clean driving record is necessary, box truck driving experience also a plus
- Ability to work a flexible 40 hour work week in a fast paced, ever changing retail environment
How to Apply:
If you meet these qualifications, please forward your resume to email@example.com by June 24th. Please, no phone or in-person inquiries.
TITLE: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Create a culture of philanthropy and service the needs of donors while focusing on what is in the best interest of the organization and its goals, mission and values. The Director of Development establishes strategy and provides oversight for the development, communications and marketing programs to meet organization goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Co-develop the strategic development plan and budget aligned to the overall strategic plan.
- Overseeing the planning, implementation, and promotion of a comprehensive development strategy, budget, and measures; adjust strategy as appropriate to maximize ROI.
- Develop fundraising policies, practices and procedures to support organizational growth.
- Manage all gift cultivation, solicitation, and fundraising efforts including: special events, annual appeals, corporate support, major and planned giving, endowed giving, capital giving, third-party partnerships, and in-kind support.
- Oversee all events related to fund raising, including sponsorship, staff management and even execution.
- Ensure prompt, accurate gift processing, gift acknowledgement, donor stewardship, and recognition activities.
- Researching and managing foundation/corporate/government funding; write grant proposals while working closely with Program Director.
- Manage all house sponsorship programs.
- Strengthen the volunteer development program and enhance the link between volunteerism and giving.
- Hiring, scheduling, providing direction, feedback, guidance, and performance monitoring for development staff.
- Participate in media, fundraising, and celebration/recognition events.
- Act as ambassador to support the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity. Act as the public face of FCHH for development related PR/Marketing opportunities.
- Serve on several internal and community-based committees that relate to the successful performance of this position.
- Participate as an active member of industry trade organizations such as CFMA, AFP.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Accuracy with high attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people with respect and dignity for all.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree required. CFRE or Masters Degree preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience in fund development in a not-for-profit environment or related field.
- Proficiency with computer systems, Microsoft Office Suite - including word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Experience with Donor Perfect software preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams.
- Willing to travel locally. Work will include weekends and evenings as projects warrant. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license.
- And other duties as assigned by CEO.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Employment@RochesterHabitat.org by May 31, 2016.
Flower City Habitat for Humanity is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.