Careers with Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Are you looking for a rewarding career that aids the rehabilitation of Rochester, NY's poverty stricken areas? Consider joining Flower City Habitat for Humanity's team of caring professionals.
TITLE: Crew Leader - AmeriCorps Member
Reports to: Construction Manager
We're looking for an energetic person to work with our site supervisors and help build Habitat for Humanity houses in Rochester, NY! Position runs June 2016-December 2016, Tuesday-Saturday 8am-5pm, and is run through AmeriCorp program serving at Flower City Habitat for Humanity in Rochester, NY. A valid drivers license is required for this position, must be 18 years or older.
All applications MUST come through the AmeriCorp website link below.
TITLE: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: CEO
Create a culture of philanthropy and service the needs of donors while focusing on what is in the best interest of the organization and its goals, mission and values. The Director of Development establishes strategy and provides oversight for the development, communications and marketing programs to meet organization goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Co-develop the strategic development plan and budget aligned to the overall strategic plan.
- Overseeing the planning, implementation, and promotion of a comprehensive development strategy, budget, and measures; adjust strategy as appropriate to maximize ROI.
- Develop fundraising policies, practices and procedures to support organizational growth.
- Manage all gift cultivation, solicitation, and fundraising efforts including: special events, annual appeals, corporate support, major and planned giving, endowed giving, capital giving, third-party partnerships, and in-kind support.
- Oversee all events related to fund raising, including sponsorship, staff management and even execution.
- Ensure prompt, accurate gift processing, gift acknowledgement, donor stewardship, and recognition activities.
- Researching and managing foundation/corporate/government funding; write grant proposals while working closely with Program Director.
- Manage all house sponsorship programs.
- Strengthen the volunteer development program and enhance the link between volunteerism and giving.
- Hiring, scheduling, providing direction, feedback, guidance, and performance monitoring for development staff.
- Participate in media, fundraising, and celebration/recognition events.
- Act as ambassador to support the mission, vision and values of Habitat for Humanity. Act as the public face of FCHH for development related PR/Marketing opportunities.
- Serve on several internal and community-based committees that relate to the successful performance of this position.
- Participate as an active member of industry trade organizations such as CFMA, AFP.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Accuracy with high attention to detail.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of people with respect and dignity for all.
- Must be a team player.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree required. CFRE or Masters Degree preferred.
- Five to seven years’ experience in fund development in a not-for-profit environment or related field.
- Proficiency with computer systems, Microsoft Office Suite - including word processing, spreadsheet and database software. Experience with Donor Perfect software preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing teams.
- Willing to travel locally. Work will include weekends and evenings as projects warrant. Must have a valid NYS driver’s license.
- And other duties as assigned by CEO.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit a resume and cover letter to Employment@RochesterHabitat.org by May 31, 2016.
Flower City Habitat for Humanity is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.