Careers with Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Are you looking for a rewarding career that aids the rehabilitation of Rochester, NY's poverty stricken areas? Consider joining Flower City Habitat for Humanity's team of caring professionals.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore Pick-up/Delivery Driver
Reports to: Flower City Habitat for Humanity ReStore Manager
Description: This position is responsible for the pick-up of merchandise from donors, safely packing the merchandise in the Habitat ReStore truck and trailer, returning to Habitat ReStore and unpacking merchandise. To our donors you will be the face of Flower City Habitat for Humanity and Habitat ReStore. The ability to interact with our donors in a professional manner is necessary to be successful in your duties.
Employee Status: Hourly 25 – 35 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
- Loading and unloading all donated materials.
- Communicating with Habitat ReStore Manager regarding incoming donations.
- Driving Habitat ReStore vehicles to pick-up and deliver donated goods.
- Maintaining an effective working relationship with ReStore staff, volunteers, Habitat homeowners and Habitat ReStore customers.
- Operating a cash register to document sale of merchandise, with the ability to process cash and credit card transactions, following established procedures for each type of sale.
- Answering phone calls and providing Habitat ReStore information, directions, and donation scheduling.
- Cleaning and straightening of Habitat ReStore and vehicles on a daily basis.
- Screening for product usability when donors call or bring in donations.
- Other Duties as assigned by the Habitat ReStore Manager.
- Minimum 6 months work experience in retail sales/customer service a plus.
- Must be willing to understand the big picture of the Flower City Habitat for Humanity mission and know that Habitat ReStore is only a part of the larger goal.
- Supervising volunteers, in order to make their experience meaningful.
- Work is performed in a retail/warehouse environment.
- Work may require climbing ladders, considerable standing, bending, kneeling, and reaching in awkward and tiring positions.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to operate a cash register, office equipment and accurately make change.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a clean drivers license and maintain a good driving record.
- Must pass Criminal Background Check and Sexual Offender Check.
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter before August 20, 2014 to Dan Petronio, Flower City Habitat ReStore Manager at ReStore@RochesterHabitat.org.
Walk-ins and phone calls will not be accepted.
Flower City Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer and substance free workplace.