Careers with Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Are you looking for a rewarding career that aids the rehabilitation of Rochester, NY's poverty stricken areas? Consider joining Flower City Habitat for Humanity's team of caring professionals.
TITLE: Development & Communication Assistant (Temp ~3 months)
Service the needs of the Development & Communication department while focusing on what is in the best interest of the organization and its goals, mission and values. The Development & Communication Assistant is responsible assisting in the day to day office operations of the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Update Habitat Happenings and distribute to staff, board and committees
- Responsible for maintaining event RSVPs and working events when applicable
- Maintain events and development calendar
- Assist in maintaining a comprehensive database of donors - making appropriate updates and additions for a clean database and accurate and efficient reporting
- Assist in managing the gift entry process to ensure accurate record keeping and proper thank you procedures
- Act as a liaison between the donor database and internal and external inquiries
- Provide quality customer service to all constituent inquiries
- Provide on-boarding and training to volunteers, college volunteers and interns when appropriate
- Participate in media, fundraising, and celebration/recognition events
- Act as an ambassador to support the mission and values of Habitat for Humanity
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Accuracy with high attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a high paced environment
- Ability to work independently
- Reliable transportation throughout the day
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Two to four years’ of office experience preferred.
- Proficiency with computer systems; Microsoft Office Suite - including word processing; BONUS: Adobe creative suite with emphasis on Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop; spreadsheet and database software.
Please send a resume and cover letter by email to Kayla Himelein at KHimelein@RochesterHabitat.org. No phone calls please.
Flower City Habitat for Humanity is committed to the policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. This policy expressly prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, veteran status or status as a member of any other protected group or activity.