What We Accept
Donations may be brought to the ReStore during normal business hours, Monday-Friday 10AM to 6PM and Saturday 9AM to 5PM. If you would like to schedule a donation pickup, please call (585) 697-2012.
Habitat ReStore staff and volunteers reserve the right to accept or decline any offered donations based on condition, and accessibility.
We NOW accept working appliances over 10 years old. Call us at 697-2012 if you have any questions.
NOTE: Due to new lead regulations, as of January 2014 we can NO LONGER ACCEPT dishwashers
- Ranges and range tops
- Range hoods
- Water Heaters: Less than 4 years old - gas or electric
- Refrigerators: emptied and cleaned inside
- Microwave Ovens
- Garbage disposals: New only
Cabinets must have all doors/drawers, and full-sets of matching hardware. No damage beyond simple repair.
- Individual or full cabinet sets (kitchen, bathroom)
- Medicine cabinets: New only, no mirror damage
Must free of rot, cracks, and all panes and seals intact.
- Interior at least 26”w
- Exterior at least 26”w
- Entryway units at least 26”w
- Pre-hung: No taller than 84"
- Door slabs: No taller than 84"
- Sliding glass doors: New only
- Storm doors: Must have all windows, screens, framing and tracking.
New only and a minimum of 25 sq ft unless noted below. No asbestos tiles, new or otherwise.
- Hardwood/Parquet flooring
- Vinyl tile
- Ceramic tile
- Sheet Vinyl/Linoleum: In rolls, taped and measured, any size.
- Carpet or padding: New only, minimum 8 ft x 8 ft, or suitable for a runner. Rolled, tied and measured.
- Laminate: New, boxed only. Used, contact us.
Furniture in good condition, no broken or missing parts including glass. Acceptance of upholstered items is at the discretion of staff.
New or in useable condition and free from rust. Complete sets only, Keys must be included.
- Lock Sets
- Cabinet hardware: Minimum of four (4) complete sets only, including screws
LIGHTING & FANS
- Fixtures: Complete and in good working order (no frayed cords)
- Lamps: With shades and bulbs - at staff discretion
- Ceiling fans: Less than 5 years old
- Fluorescent light fixtures: Clean and in working order
- Bulbs: Fluorescent, incandescent, energy-saving: clean and in working order. No 'browned' ends -on florescent
Free of rot and insects, bowing or water damage, no nails.
- Plywood: Full, 1/2 and 1/4 sheets
- Milled lumber: minimum 4 ft lengths
- Trim: minimum 4 ft lengths
- Siding: Full lengths and minimum 100 sq ft
- Pressure treated: New only and at least 4 feet
- Luan: minimum 4 ft x 6 ft
- Other sheet goods including undamaged sheet rock: minimum 4 ft x 4 ft
- Deck materials, including composite
Whole, intact and in good condition. No residual mortar.
- Brick: matched colors, minimum of 20
- Walkway pavers: no cracks or chips, minimum of 6
- Cement, mortar, drywall mud: unopened bags less than 4 years old
New and unopened, less than 4 years old, only
- Paint: Latex, acrylic, epoxy only, interior or exterior (please identify color)
- Stain: Interior or exterior
- Paint supplies: (brushes, rollers, tape, etc). New and unused only
NOTE: Due to new lead regulations, as of January 2014 we can NO LONGER ACCEPT faucets
- Sinks: new or used, all types except wall hung. No rust, cracks, chips, stains. Must be cleaned. Please remove faucets.
- Bathtubs: new or used, no rust, cracks, chips, stains. Must be cleaned. Please remove faucets.
- Toilets: new or used with lids, 1.6 gal flush or less, no rust, cracks, chips, stains. Must be cleaned.
- Shower doors/enclosures: must have all components including trap. No rust, cracks, chips, stains. Must be cleaned.
- Fixtures: (towel bars/rings, toilet paper holders etc). New only.
ROOFING & GUTTERS
- Shingles: new, full bundles only
- Rolled materials: 1/2 roll minimum
- Gutter materials: in full pieces, no rust, cracks or damage.
- Wall paper: full, unopened rolls only, minimum of 3, matched rolls.
- Borders: New, unopened. Single roll okay.
- Ceramic wall tile: New only, minimum 25 sq ft of matched tile.
WINDOWS & SCREENS
No glazed, wooden or single pane, no broken seals. Screens intact and with seals in place.
- Architectural items: such as columns, mantels, porch posts, etc.
- Insulation: new only.
- Tools: Hand or Power tools: in good condition, rust free.
- Blinds: New only, boxed with hardware.
- Thermostats: New with instructions.
- Wood stoves: free standing or inserts (wood, pellet, gas, propane).
- Heaters: Less than 5 years old, good working condition.
- Portable heaters: Less than 5 years old, good working condition.
- Air conditioners: Less than 5 years old, good working condition.
- Baseboard heaters/heat runs: New or less than 5 years old only, and includes all components, electric or hot-water.
- Chain saws: New only.
- Garage doors: Good condition, all glass Intact, includes all hardware and springs.
- Garage door openers: New only.
Your donation of a used vehicle will help Habitat build homes in partnership with families in need of decent, affordable shelter. Donate a car, truck, boat, RV or other vehicle to the Cars for Homes™ vehicle donation program by calling 1-877-277-4344 or visiting www.carsforhomes.org.
Although the Cars for Homes™ program is run by Habitat for Humanity International, all of the proceeds from your local donation of a used vehicle go to work locally for Flower City Habitat.