Cars for Homes
Donate a car, truck, boat or RV to Cars for Homes™ — Habitat’s official car donation program. Call (877) 277-4344 toll-free or visit Cars for Homes to learn more and donate vehicles online.
How it works:
- Car donations are processed by Advanced Remarketing Services, Inc., Habitat for Humanity International’s authorized national agent.
- All types of vehicles are accepted. You can donate vehicles—including automobiles, trucks, RVs, boats, airplanes, and farm and construction equipment—running or not!
- Donors provide information and answer questions about the vehicle they wish to donate, including the make, model, vehicle identification number and current mileage.
- Most whole vehicles with proper title information are accepted, unless the costs of processing and towing fees exceed the auction value of the vehicle. In that case, it will not be accepted.
- After acceptance of the car donation, donors are provided instructions for processing the vehicle’s title. Assistance is also available if the vehicle’s title cannot be located. At the end of the online vehicle donation system, donors can print forms to complete the process.
- Arrangements are then made to have the title processed, and the donor is contacted to coordinate vehicle and key pickup by a licensed and insured member of Advanced Remarketing Service’s network of service providers.
- The vehicle donation is processed and sold on behalf of Habitat for Humanity.
- Donors receive an acknowledgment letter thanking them for their support and providing automobile donation information. This letter may be used as a receipt for tax deduction purposes, if the donor itemizes deductions.
Net proceeds from your car donation are given to Flower City Habitat for Humanity and put towards our affiliate’s effort to provide housing for inner city neighborhoods. Auction-quality vehicles (late-model, running and in good condition) generate significantly more funds than salvaged or recycled car donations. Cars for Homes™ program costs are kept as low as possible, and donated vehicles are sold through a national network of diverse venues to optimize revenues.