Volunteer with Flower City Habitat
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Flower City Habitat for Humanity. We rely on volunteers in addition to donations of cash, materials and services to improve neighborhoods and eliminate poverty housing in Rochester.
Building a neighborhood takes a tremendous amount of man-power; so it’s a blessing to us that over 4,000 volunteers join us each year to help do just that! We have much to do and encourage high or college school students, young professionals, corporate groups, retirees and anyone else interested in working with us to make note of the following volunteer information.
There are a variety of opportunities to get involved with us, including the following:
- Office volunteering – helping with the administrative side of our business; giving people a hands-on look at how a nonprofit our size runs.
- Habitat ReStore volunteering – helping our retail store to run efficiently and help support the financial goals of our organization.
- Special Event volunteering – helping us plan and implement several fundraising events throughout the year.
- Committee volunteering – join one of many groups with distinctive skill sets and help us achieve goals and make positive progress in our community.
- Construction volunteering – pitching in wherever needed to help us build houses.
How to volunteer
We've gone digital! Enjoy seeing what volunteer activites fit your preferences and schedule from the comfort of your home. We encourage you to follow our Sign-up Instructions, browse through our volunteer calendar, and register for a profile. When you find an open volunteer opportunity you like, sign-up! Although we're using this new system for volunteering, if you're unable to use the online system, please see our paper forms below.
Sign-up using paper
1. Complete the Individual volunteer application
2. Fill out the Parental Permission Form for any construction volunteer age 16 or 17
3. Email, fax or mail the forms back to our offices at the address below
Questions about volunteering with us can be directed to:
Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
755 Culver Road
Rochester, NY 14609
(585) 546-1470 Ext 315