Volunteer with Flower City Habitat
Thank you for inquiring about volunteering with Flower City Habitat for Humanity (FCHH). We rely on volunteers in addition to donations of cash, materials and services to improve neighborhoods and eliminate poverty and substandard housing in Rochester.
Building a neighborhood takes a tremendous amount of man-power; so it’s a blessing to us that over 3,000 volunteers join us on site each year to help us do just that! We have much to do and encourage high or college school students, young professionals, corporate groups, retirees and anyone else interested in working with us to make note of the following volunteer information.
There are a variety of opportunities to get involved with us, including the following:
- Office volunteering – helping with the administrative side of our business; giving people a hands-on look at how a nonprofit our size runs.
- ReStore volunteering – helping our retail store to run efficiently and help support the financial goals of our organization.
- Special Event volunteering – helping us plan and implement several fundraising events throughout the year.
- Committee volunteering – join one of 8 different groups with distinctive skill sets and help us achieve goals and make positive progress in our community.
- Construction volunteering – pitching in wherever needed to help us build houses.
How to Apply to Volunteer with us:
If you are interested in volunteering with us in any way, please complete the following steps:
1. Sign up for volunteer shifts online or sign up using paper
2. Fill out the Parental Permission Form for any volunteer age 16 or 17. Then email, fax or mail the form back to our offices at the address below
Questions about volunteering with us can be directed to:
Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Attn: Volunteer Coordinator
755 Culver Road
Rochester, NY 14609
(585) 546-1470 Ext 315