If you are interested in swinging a hammer, pounding nails and building houses with us, please note the following:
- Volunteers work from 8:45am - 4:00pm Wednesday - Saturday, and Tuesday Noon - 4pm year-round.
- We do not build on Sundays or Mondays
- Availability of openings varies depending on workload, time of year, etc.
- Our online system lists the days we currently have open for volunteers.
- Half-day shifts are ONLY permitted on Tuesdays. By design Tuesdays are half-days that start at Noon. Please eat lunch before you come to site on Tuesdays. We will not break for lunch, but will have a 15 minute break half-way through the work shift.
- Age Restriction: 16-17 year olds can build with us only after submitting a Parental Permission Form. No one under the age of 16 is allowed on our construction sites.
- Groups are strictly limited to 6 people. Larger groups may be accepted on Fridays, but only as work is available. This varies depending on workload, time of year, day of the week, sponsor commitments. To secure a group day, please call us at 546-1470.
- No skills needed, our Construction Supervisors are trained professionals who will walk you through your assigned tasks while volunteering.
- Priority in scheduling is offered to churches/schools/organizations with an active Habitat club or chapter.
Questions or Cancellation:
We do build year-round and in snow/rain, cold, or heat so long as conditions are safe for working. Please bring clothing appropriet for being outside in these elements. For issues of inclement weather our on-site, ReStore, and office volunteer opportunities will close when the Rochester City School District has also closed - so be sure to check TV or Radio for this cancellation.
Questions about volunteering, or if you need to cancel your volunteer spot, please contact:
Flower City Habitat for Humanity
Ken Braley, Volunteer Coordinator
755 Culver Road
Rochester, NY 14609
(585) 546-1470 Ext 312