Volunteering in the ReStore
Habitat ReStore is a retail store of new and used home improvement donations that are for sale to the public with proceeds going to support Flower City Habitat for Humanity's mission. Volunteers play a major role in helping to keep the store stocked, clean, neat and functioning efficiently and professionally. Safety is important, and is emphasized no matter what task a volunteer performs.
We're currently looking for:
General ReStore Volunteers
General ReStore volunteers are needed on our operating days to assist with sorting and preparing donations, pricing, re-stocking and tidying up shelves and the sales floor, and with assisting customers with loading purchases or finding their way around the store.
Volunteers must be at least 14 years old and are needed on a regular basis. Shifts are as follows: Monday - Friday 10:30AM - 1:30PM or 2PM - 5PM and Saturday 10AM - 1PM or 1PM - 4PM.
To sign-up for general ReStore volunteer opportunities online click here.
ReStore Driving Assistant
ReStore Driving Assistants travel with a ReStore staff driver to pick up donated items. These assistants make it possible for the ReStore to constantly update its inventory, and help promote positive interactions with donors in the community.
This position will include accepting donations directly from donors’ homes with an emphasis on what we accept and do not accept. Staff will assist the volunteer in learning what a "good" donation entails.
Ample training will be provided as needed.
- We are looking for volunteers that can commit to one or two days per week. They are needed Thursday and/or Friday, from 9:30 am – 3 pm.
- Responsible for maintaining a good relationship with both frequent and first-time donors
- Assist truck driver by loading and unloading vehicles by hand or by use of hand-truck/dolly
- Stack and secure items in position on truck to prevent damage during transport
- Assist in care and maintenance of truck interior and cargo area
- Perform other duties as required by managers or driver
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs.
- Ability to follow directions