Greater Rochester Habitat for Humanity's experienced and insured Kitchen Deconstruction crew will work with you and your kitchen contractor - at no cost - to safely and efficiently remove your unwanted kitchen cabinets, appliances, and other fixtures in a professional manner, leaving your site broom swept clean and ready for your new kitchen. These items are then sold at Flower City Habitat ReStores, generating important revenue for the Habitat mission.
- Support Flower City Habitat for Humanity – Each item donated raises funds needed to help us build our vision, a world where everyone has a decent place to live
- Save money on demo costs – Why pay demolition costs if you do not have to? We are currently offering this service at no cost to the donor or contractor
- Save money on dumpster costs – Why pay to throw away usable items when you can donate and save money at the same time? We offer free pick-up!
- Save money on taxes – Items salvaged may be tax-deductible. We will provide an itemized donation receipt.
- Sustainable – If there is still a second life to your unwanted items, we will do our part keep them out of the landfill.
- Peace of mind – Our staff-lead team of volunteers have decades of experience in electrical, plumbing, carpentry and other construction trades
- Insured – We can provide certificates of insurance and hold harmless documents
- Fast – Kitchen removal can be done in as little as one morning
- Convenient – We will also pick-up furniture, appliances, fixtures, and other construction materials at no cost
"I couldn’t have been more pleased with your program. ... My kitchen removal was a bit challenging, but they figured things out and were done in less time than I ever imagined. Along the way they shared humor and skill with one another. It was a pleasure to experience this organization and its dedicated volunteers!"
~ Dianne | Fairport
"I just want to thank Flower City Habitat for Humanity for taking such great care of my home while they were tearing out my kitchen cabinets and removing the stove, dishwasher, garbage disposal and microwave. They came when they said they would and were done by the time they said they would be. ... [T]he crew cleaned up the site ... there was no debris left anywhere."
~ Chris | Webster
This program is like a dream: I got to make a donation of appliances and used kitchen cabinets, which you in turn use to help others in our community. An added benefit to me was that you ... hauled it away without me having to pay for that service. ... [E]ach person on your crew was respectful, courteous, professional, and kind. I cannot say enough about this program ... !"
~ Elba | Fairport
We really appreciate the professional manner your team carried out the work. They arrived promptly and started working on their assigned tasks. In a timely manner the kitchen deconstruction was complete, all cabinets and appliances in the garage, kitchen space swept, crew gone and cabinets picked up. A job well done by all."
~ Nancy & Tom | Webster