Keeping Greater Rochester Homeowners safe and healthy in their homes
Greater Rochester Habitat for Humanity offers affordable home repair services to qualified homeowners in Monroe County so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. We want to help you preserve your home and revitalize your neighborhood.
- The household gross income (household members 18 years and over will be considered) must fall below 80% Area Median Income (AMI) based on the current year of H.U.D. Income Guidelines. (See below chart for income guidelines)
- The homeowner must be current on property taxes, mortgage payments (if applicable), and homeowner’s insurance premiums and provide proof of such.
- Home Repair Partners must acknowledge the implications of a highly publicized program. Homeowner should be prepared to share their story through in-person communications, area media (e.g., newspaper, radio, internet) and GRHFH publications (e.g., photos, videos, audio recordings) if requested. Note: not all projects will be publicized, and in extenuating circumstances when safety and privacy are a primary concern, GRHFH will work with the Partner(s) to determine what is appropriate to be made public.
- The home must be located within the GRHFH service area. (Monroe County, New York)
- The home must be owner-occupied, single-family house or mobile home, and the primary residence of the owner.
- The home is in disrepair or unsafe and GRHFH’s scope of work will significantly benefit the homeowner longevity in the property.
- The home needs repair to areas of concern for health and/ or safety needs including but not limited to weatherization, roofing, mobility assistance, heating, or overall stability.
- Must feature improvements to health, safety, and habitability.
- Will be determined by a Habitat Inspector in partnership with the homeowner based on need and not want.
- The homeowner is unable to physically and/or financially complete the work themselves.
- All projects costing $5k or more will require the homeowner(s) to sign a 5 year owner occupancy post- work agreement.
Additional funding available for veterans and individuals with mobility related disabilities